om617 HE221 (T25) Installation Kit for Holset Turbos
Mounting a Holset HE221 or other T25 frame turbo to your om617 can be a total pain in the ass but it doesn't have to be! The BenzForce HE221 Installation Kit for the om617 takes the headache out of the physical connections. All that is needed is a 4AN feed line and a 12AN drain hose. Please note that this kit does not connect directly to the intake manifold - there is an offset. The main intent is to be used in injunction with our intake manifold adapter to route your compressed air through an intercooler.
Here is what is included:
- BenzForce HE221 Wastegate Bracket Kit (with gasket and nuts). This bracket was engineered to have the proper wastegate preload. Instructions are below
- BenzForce 79mm exhaust v-band to 3" tube adapter for Holset turbos (adapter + clamp)
- BenzForce 12AN Drain Tube kit (screws, gasket, and drain)
- BenzForce HE221 (56mm) compressor v-band to coupler adapter (with clamp and o-ring)
- BenzForce om617 - 12AN to oil pan turbo drain fitting (with grommet)
- BenzForce T3 to T25 Turbo Adapter kit designed specifically for the om617 (with bolts, nuts, and gaskets). This adapter uses bolts to mount to the manifold and studs on the turbo side which is difficult to find in the aftermarket
- DCEC T25 manifold gaskets
- HE221 Turbine Flange Kit - 4 bolt (with bolts and gasket)
- M10x1.25 to 4AN Turbo Feed Fitting - Restricted 1.68mm - Check your engine's oil pressure. If your engine is within the Holset requirements and would like an open fitting, please let us know in the order comments.
Wastegate Installation Instructions:
- Remove the wastegate hose
- Remove the wastegate actuator. After pulling the internal pin allowing the compressor housing to rotate independently, just remove to cotter pin on the wastegate (or a C-clip on the 5.5 cm2 models) and the two bolts holding the wastegate on the turbo. This will allow you to completely remove the wastegate.
- Mount the bracket. Remove the turbo from the T25 flange. Place, or replace, a new T25 gasket on the flange. Then install the wastegate bracket, followed by another T25 gasket.
- Install the turbo
- Reinstall the actuator. Rotate the actuator 180 degrees from its original position. Put the end over the pin on the turbine housing and install the original cotter pin or c-clip. Then pull the actuator and insert the original two bolts through the bracket and through the stock actuator bracket. The actuator comes pre-loaded from the factory so pulling the actuator should put the same amount of tension on the actuator as the original configuration. Use the included copper exhaust nuts to secure the actuator to the BenzForce bracket.
- Install boost hose. Depending on how the turbo is clocked, you can either reuse the existing boost hose or you may require a new one. Regardless, reinstall the hose so the actuator will see boost from the compressor housing.
Note that the HE221 has clocking pins inside the turbo. Both the compressor and turbine housings pins will need to be removed in order to rotate the core
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards / Gift Certificates
- Special orders (items not normally stocked and sourced by request by you)
To complete your return, we require an order number and date of purchase and advanced communication regarding the return. Please use the contact us form to notify us and receive instructions prior to returning your item(s).
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us through our contact us form.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately, sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email through the contact us form and send your item to: BenzForce LLC, 15511 Hwy 71 West, Ste 110, #404, Austin TX 78738.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to the address located in the website footer
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary. If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Buyer is responsible for all import taxes, duties and fees.